The COVID-19 outbreak has made us all acutely aware of how vital it is to have a clean and germ-free office, and filled us with a newfound appreciation for the commercial cleaning services in Terre Haute that regularly clean and disinfect our workplaces.
The coronavirus pandemic has also forced many Americans to leave their usual work desks and start working from home in order to minimize the possibility of infection. If this is your situation, you’ve likely discovered that keeping a work desk and the accompanying electronics tidy and sanitized isn’t nearly as easy as it might seem.
We’re here to help! In the following article, we’ll share some tried-and-true cleaning techniques that can help you keep your desk and electronics at home or at the office clean and germ-free at all times. Read on.
How often should you sanitize your desk?
When it comes to cleaning, desks are considered to be a frequently-touched surface. Like doorknobs, light switches, elevator buttons, handles, and so on, they have an increased likelihood of becoming contaminated with harmful microbes and parasites.
During the pandemic, your work desk at home should be cleaned and disinfected at least once a week. If a member of your household is sick with COVID-19, you should take a moment to disinfect your desk after each use. This also includes any high-touch items on it (keyboards, computer mice, etc.).
If you share an office with multiple people, it may be a good idea to give your desk a quick wipe down as soon as you get to work, but before you start working. After all, the last thing you want is to touch a keyboard someone might’ve sneezed on the day before.
What can I use to clean my office desk?
Like the floor, a desk is a big, flat area that naturally attracts airborne dust, dirt, and microbes. Giving it the cleaning attention it deserves is critical if you want to have a safe and healthy workplace.
Here’s how to clean your office desk area:
- Thoroughly wash your hands before you begin and wear disposable gloves. Refrain from touching your face during the cleaning.
- Remove all items from your desk, wipe down its surface with a damp microfiber cloth to remove dust and dirt, and then finish by wiping down the entire surface with disinfectant wipes.
- If they look dirty, take the time to wash desktop accessories such as pen holders using soap and warm water.
- Wipe down your tape dispenser, stapler, pens, scissors, and other frequently-used items with disinfectant wipes.
- If you use a reusable water bottle or a coffee cup at work, it may be a good idea to take it home with you after work and run it through the dishwasher.
- Gently shake the keyboard upside-down over a trash can to clear any loose dust or crumbs, and then clean the keyboard with a disinfectant wipe. You can do the same thing with the mouse.
- Your monitor should only be wiped using specialized disinfectant wipes designed for flat screen electronics. Buy a pack and follow the manufacturer instructions.
Who provides the top commercial cleaning services in Terre Haute and nearby areas?
The coronavirus outbreak has disrupted our personal and professional lives, and left us all wishing for the day when we’d once again be able to do fun things such as watch a baseball game at the Sycamore Stadium.
Luckily for you, you’re not alone. KCB Janitors is a first-rate cleaning company that specializes in providing superb commercial cleaning services to businesses throughout Terre Haute and the rest of Vigo County. Contact us today, and we’ll happily make your workplace spotless and germ-free in no time!