Despite our country’s best efforts to curb the spread of the epidemic, coronavirus is still going strong and wreaking havoc on our economy. Businesses everywhere need to change their policies to ensure their employees’ safety and keep their workplace clean and virus-free.
So how do you adjust your company’s policies and your commercial cleaning in Brazil, IN in a way that minimizes the dangers of COVID-19 while also enabling you to keep operating? That’s what we’ll be focusing on in this article. Read on to learn more.
How do I protect my employees’ health during the coronavirus pandemic?
Making sure your employees spend their shifts in a sanitary work environment is not only the right thing to do, but something employers are required to do by law. It also saves you money in the long run because your workers won’t have to take sick leave as often.
Here are 9 ways to help keep your workers healthy:
1. Adjust the personal hygiene policy in the office. Employees should be required to disinfect or wash their hands frequently, as well as wear a face mask if coughing or sneezing.
2. A work-from-home policy is an excellent option for businesses where that is feasible. Your IT department should be able to assist you in finding the most effective way to implement this policy.
3. Educate your employees about the dangers of the novel coronavirus in an easy-to-understand format. Make sure everyone understands the risks and is following the necessary guidelines to minimize the chance of infection.
4. Let sick employees stay home. Dedicated employees are a great boon to any business, but their enthusiasm to keep working even when they’re feeling under the weather can easily make their condition worse or result in their colleagues getting sick as well.
5. Provide hygiene supplies. Make sure there’s an ample supply of soap, tissues, no-touch trash cans, and hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Your janitors or commercial cleaners of choice can keep track of these supplies, and notify you they begin to run out.
6. Adjust your workplace cleaning. In addition to standard cleanings, ask the cleaners to disinfect your commercial premises more frequently. They should pay extra attention to high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs, handrails, faucets, keyboards, elevator buttons, and more.
7. Reconsider travel if possible. No matter how careful you are, traveling during the COVID-19 outbreak is inherently risky. Unless absolutely necessary, consider delaying your trips or having the vital meetings conducted through video conferencing.
8. Implement flexible work hours. Staggered shifts are a good way to reduce the number of people who are simultaneously present at the workplace. This will make social distancing easier and reduce the possibility of infection.
9. Send sick workers home immediately. If an employee starts showing symptoms of a coronavirus infection (dry coughing, fatigue, and fever are by far the most common), send them home ASAP. Afterwards, have your cleaners give their workstation a thorough cleaning and disinfection.
Where can I schedule the most effective commercial cleaning in Brazil, IN?
As much as we wish things were different, the reality is that the COVID-19 crisis isn’t going to be resolved for at least the next few weeks (or even months). It’ll be awhile before you’re able to take a pleasant stroll through the Brazil Downtown Historic District without having to worry about getting infected by a random passerby.
The good news is, you can keep your workplace germ-free by having it cleaned and disinfected regularly by a reliable cleaning company. As the premier provider of cleaning services in Indiana, KCB Janitors is superbly equipped to provide this extensive cleaning.
Book your cleaning today, or give us a call if you’d like to learn more about how we operate.